~ a country home
The Estate is located on Risden Road, just south of Route 6 in Vermilion, Ohio. A spacious, well appointed, getaway near the shores of Lake Erie. Stay here to relax and rejuvenate your soul. With room for 9 people, this is the perfect vacation house.
On over 60 acres, you are welcome to explore the trails (by foot or mountain bike) and take in the sounds and views of the trains as they travel along the north coast. We encourage you to take some time to sit back, relax, and enjoy all this property has to offer.
You’ll find a well appointed kitchen, dining room, family room with gas fire place, half bath, and a library/office all on the main floor of the house. Mention Walnut Grove on your Reservation Request.
There is Direct TV, but no wifi hook up. T-mobile and Verizon get strong cell service. However, we recommend bringing a hot spot if you need guaranteed internet access during your stay.
Kitchen with coffee nook and breakfast table.
Dining room and sitting area.
Family room off of the dining room, leads to the main floor master bedroom. Direct TV in the family room.
Just past the grand family room on the main floor, you will find a king bedroom with views out into the woods and full ensuite bathroom.
Library/office space on the main floor with a half bath nearby.
When you enter the house through the mud room, this is the first room you will walk through. It leads to the kitchen and to the library/office. One of many spaces to sit back and enjoy your stay. It has a great view of the back patio and yard!
Upstairs you will find four bedrooms.
This is the upstairs king bedroom with a full ensuite bathroom.
At the top of the steps you will find a bedroom with two twin beds.
Continue down the hall and you will see a full bathroom to your right, a bedroom with two twin beds, and another room with a 3/4 bed.
If you plan to stay awhile, you are welcome to use the washer and dryer in the basement. No need to overpack!
Nearby you will find a lot to explore…
- Sherod Park is just 1.5 miles away. It has a new playground (as of Fall 2022) with a zipline and accesibility features, which makes this a fun place for all kids.
- 3 miles to the heart of downtown Vermilion (Liberty Ave & Main St).
- If you are looking for a good beach to wade into the water, we recommend Main Street Beach & Park, just over 3 miles away.
- Do you enjoy playing golf? Explore the Vermilion Country Club’s 12 hole golf course or go just a little further for a full 18 holes at Thunderbird in Huron.
- 17 miles to Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center
- 19 miles to Cedar Point Amusement Park
- Birding Hotspots: Sheldon Marsh, Old Woman Creek, and Magee Marsh to name a few. For more, visit Shores & Islands birding website. You are also likely to see many of them right here on the property.
Walnut Grove Estate Nightly and Weekly rates:
10/1/15: TAX RATE IS 13.75% – (Sales tax = 6.75%, Lodging tax = 7%).
No visitors no more than 10 people here at any given time.
No pets allowed. Kennels are nearby.
A look around the property…
Sound good? Tell us you are ready to book!
On your Reservation Request, mention the Walnut Grove Estate.